1. michaelpinto on May 3, 2012 at 11:23 am

Catherine,

Great article! I completely agree, it is imperative to have consistent photos and information on every social media channel. Additionally all image related materials and profiles must match to ensure consistency.

I look forward to reading more.

Best,

Michael

2. Stephanie Bennis on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm

You offer some really great tips here. I also firmly believe in consistency and professionalism when trying to brand your business. I like that you pointed out that a branding plan doesn’t have to be an overwhelming project – just one to two pages that you can reference to keep you on track!

3. Mandy Edwards (@memktgservices) on May 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm

These are some great tips to get started or to make sure you have everything covered!

4. Amy del Mar on May 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I appreciated your post. It presents great guidelines for those of us who are new to social media marketing. I’ve found it can be hard to find content and to post often without feeling like I might be blurring our branding guidelines (in terms of message, not design). You’ve given me a few more things to consider.

5. Ruth Hegarty, Creature Good on May 8, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Great advice here, Catherine. I’m going to review my online presence based on your tips. I especially love #7.

6. catherinedoucette on May 8, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Thanks for reading, everyone! The best thing about a checklist is that I caught myself needing to update a few things too 🙂

7. Angela Jordan on May 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Great tips! I will have to go through the checklist with my own brand and make sure I am being consistent.

8. Dorien on May 8, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Great branding piece! I think you covered about everything I would have said on the subject. Consistency is key is branding. Your logo, your message and your content, voice…etc! 🙂

9. Diva on May 8, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I have to work on getting branded it’s in the tip of my list to get done this month! Thank you for the tips and reminders!

10. Diva on May 8, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I have to get after branding my business and getting to the point that no matter where you are you know that it’s about me..;)

11. Solvita Bennett (@solvitabennett) on May 8, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Great list Catherine! This is exactly what people need, it can be too overwhelming at times. Thank you for giving clarity on the brand standards.

12. Martha Giffen (@MarthaGiffen) on May 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

People are so visual. It’s always great advice to use the same logo or likeness all over the net for branding purposes. I’ve been known to tell folks that more than a few times 🙂

13. Helena Ritchie (@HelenaRitchie) on May 9, 2012 at 1:50 am

Great tips Catherine, and very helpful to make the branding process less confusing. Thanks!

14. Lisa Birnesser (@LisaBirnesser) on May 9, 2012 at 2:22 am

Consistency is huge across social media. I love these tips, Catherine!

15. Sharon O'Day (@sharonoday) on May 9, 2012 at 3:39 am

Catherine, when I launched a 99Designs.com contest to design my logo, I wrote a whole branding brief, based on offline marketing campaigns I did for clients. (Most contest participants had never seen one.) And, this week, when I started having some website changes done, I sent out the same 3-year-old brief. Sure makes life simple when you do it from the start!

• catherinedoucette on May 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm

So true. Making time for planning makes entrepreneurial life zoo much easier!

16. new orleans hornets on December 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Heya! I simply wanted to talk about your blog has become the very well arranged, the majority inspiring I have find throughout ages. Thx!