Get ‘Er Done

“Funny, huh, Catherine, how some folks think that avoiding challenges will bring them peace? As if the peace they now know didn’t come from earlier challenges that were faced, and mastered.”

This morning I was looking for something in my email and came across an old message from tut.com‘s daily Notes from the Universe.

Nothing like getting a sweet ole kick in the butt from your own email. Yes, there’s something I’ve been avoiding. I have a marketing project for my own business to finish. I wish I could do yours and yours and yours instead. But it is time to do mine. I’m blocking off time today and Thursday to finish it. So this may be my shortest blog post ever because I am starting now.

What have you been procrastinating about? Commit. Tell us when you’re going to finish that project.

1. marthagiffen on August 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I’m right smack dab in the middle of teaching an online course of social media so that is taking up much of my time. I also have an interview series starting this month and yes, I’ve been putting off writing the sales page. While I outsource many of my tasks to get ’em done, my writing is still my own . . . Thanks for the kick in the pants!

• Catherine on August 7, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Looking forward to the sales page

2. Sharon O'Day on August 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I’m working on an automated webinar. The PowerPoint portion is complete, but I have to finish structuring the voiceover text and record it. Sounds easy, but I’m in that mode of doing “everything but …”

• Catherine on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

oh I understand. One of the challenges I’m overcoming is recording my voice or video. Have fun with it!

3. Alexandra McAllister on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 pm

It was about 2 weeks since I wrote a new blog post. Wrote it last night and it took a lot to do it. Shared part of my life. Glad it’s done and now will write about the side effects of having a stroke….will be done by next Tuesday.

• Catherine on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Congrats on getting it done! Took courage!

4. marie leslie on August 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I have some marketing updates to do as well. But somehow, every day, something else seems to be more important. Since today is the first day of school and everyone will be gone, I have no more excuses.

5. Terressa on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Working on my business and many life changes (: No excuses, lots to do !

6. Solvita on August 7, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love it, well done Catherine. When we commit and even better tell the world, what we about to do, it is so much harder not to do it. I wish you well! I am going to have a complete rest and go on holidays. I must admit, I can work too hard and it is not good either 😉

7. Joanne on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I love tut.com – awesome pick-me-up site.

8. Diva on August 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm

alright!!! get to it Catherine!!! Can’t wait to see it!

9. Nancy on August 7, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Oh, yeah! Sing it, sistah! And I’ll sing along. I know the tune so well. I’ve got several of my own super-important projects that I’ve been dragging my heels on, but I’m kicking myself out of my comfort zone and into the creative fire. See you there!

10. Carolyn Hughes on August 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Why is it whenever I see the word procrastinate, I cringe? Because I know there’s stacks of projects I’ve been putting off! I’m having a few days switching off at the end of the week – which is a must! Then when I return I promise to start on the ‘Should’ve completed ages ago but kept putting it off pile. And I always keep a promise!

11. Patsy Stewart on August 7, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Oh WOW! Did you hit the nail on the head!! Is there ever enough time for your own business??? It’s our business to serve others but wait… I need help too!! I just resolved to hire an intern to help me catch up!! Thanks for a reminder Catherine!

12. Olga Hermans on August 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I am finishing a big project on my blog and I am diving into social media; love to know more about it and get some things done for other people as well!!

13. Sherie Venner (@trancingqueen) on August 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Catherine, I need to finish up a sales page on my blog and have been struggling with the mechanics of it…thanks for the swift kick to get me back in gear!

14. Susan Can Help Me (@SusanPreston) on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Love this! I am going to finish up my opt-in page for my free give away for a telesummit and a video summit. Thanks for the push 😉

15. Lisa Birnesser (@LisaBirnesser) on August 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Finishing up a new opt in. Thanks for the nudge!

16. meryl444 on August 8, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I love it …. short and to the point!

17. Pat Moon on August 10, 2012 at 2:48 am

I have trouble procrastinating about finishing my blog posts and actually getting them posted on my blog. It always seems to take too long to add photos, links, keywords, etc., etc. Thanks for encouragement.

18. lisafrederiksenbreakingthecycles on August 13, 2012 at 2:39 am

I’m trying to figure out how to build SEO on my existing blog posts and pages — something I did not realize I was doing and I’ve been writing posts for 4 years (yikes!). In some cases, I changed page urls and did not realize I needed to re-direct the old to the new so am now figuring that out. Here’s to not procrastinating (a long time ago!)!

19. Catherine on August 13, 2012 at 2:53 am

So glad to hear that my post has inspired people to tackle projects. 🙂 What a talented group of woman you are!