A New Year. A New Path.

31 days of writing. What have I done to myself? 🙂

Today I joined Michelle Scism‘s Ultimate Blog Challenge. That means that I will be posting a new blog every day for the next month. It’s kind of scary, even for someone like me who loves to write.

Growth really does come beyond my comfort zone, and most days in 2012, I stretched myself beyond what I thought I could manage.

It also was a magical year in a lot of ways. My top three highlights were ~ Returning to consulting full-time and incorporating my company. Working on my second book. Meeting three people I greatly admire in the Big Apple ~ international best-selling authors Cheryl Richardson (her latest book is You Can Create an Exceptional Life with Louise Hay) and Dr. Robert Holden (if you haven’t read Shift Happens yet. download it now!), as well Reid Tracy, President and CEO of Hay House, Inc., the largest and most influential self-empowerment publishing company in the world.

My shift in focus for 2013 meshes the personal and the professional. I want better work-life balance, as I have a tendency to work till I go numb, so I intend to look after myself better and have more fun. I am finishing my second book (always an exciting, terrifying, and wonderful adventure). I am packaging my signature series of communications and train-the-trainer sessions. And I am building the public speaking side of business.

Phew! That took it out of me just admitting it to everyone.

In the spirit of fairness, what about you? What is your focus for 2013?

1. Melissa Miller Young on January 1, 2013 at 7:02 pm

It sounds like your 2012 was magical! I agree with you 100%, growth happens outside of our comfort zone, and you admittedly stretched yourself in 2012 with fantastic results. Keep that up and Imagine what 2013 has in store for you!

2. Catherine on January 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thanks, Melissa. I’ve learned that I need to focus on one thing at at a time too. That feels pretty liberating 🙂

3. Mary on January 1, 2013 at 7:31 pm

As I read your post. I can think back to my gratitude list for 2012 and my goals for 2013. Thanks.

4. janet on January 1, 2013 at 10:06 pm

congrats on incorporating! i registered my business also last year. and yes the blog challenge seems scary even though I love writing too. good luck.

5. Debra Jason on January 2, 2013 at 3:40 am

Catherine, how fabulous to have the chance to meet some of the authors you admire. How did you like the Big Apple (I was born & raised there)? It’s such a great city.
    I resonate with “I have a tendency to work till I go numb.” That’s why in 2013, my word is “nurture.” What’s yours?
    Here’s to a stellar new year. Thanks. ~Debra

• Catherine on January 3, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Big Apple was a bit overwhelming but it grew on me 🙂

I have four words for this year, yet they feel like on concept to me. Courage, inspire, truth, teach. Courage ad truth are so connected. They inspire people, and that it what I am here to teach. 🙂

• Debra Jason on January 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Yes, the Big Apple can be a bit overwhelming, but there’s nothing like it. Glad it “grew on you.” It’s a great place to visit!
        ~Debra

6. The Great Gordino on January 2, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Hi Catherine,
    Good luck with the challenge – I’m intending to use it as a nifty push for the New Year – I’m goind to ramp up my PLR site this year, so the extra writing will help in a big way!
    Cheers,
    Gordon

7. Victoria Elam on January 2, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Wonderful blog post Catherine! This too is my first blog challenge and tried to talk myself out if it. I took the plunge! Best wishes to you!

8. Corinne Rodrigues on January 2, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Hi Catherine – My first time here and I don’t think it’s a coincidence I picked your link out on UBC’s FB group. Ask me what book I’m reading just now? You Can Create An Exceptional Life – is the answer! 😉
    I’m looking forward to following your posts through the month ahead.

• Catherine on January 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm

You’re right. No coincidences. Only manifesting people with similar vibes!

So glad to meet you. Let me know what you think of the book. I’ve read it a couple of times because I luv it.