Jumpstart Your Training

In case you still have a case of vacation brain from enjoying a fabulous holiday break and too much chocolate, here are some training resources.

Thiagi is the king of using games as learning activities. (Remember to call it a learning activity, not a game, or you will instantly create resistance in workplace settings especially.) Thiagi’s website offers more than 300 ready-to-use training games and activities. He also has an email newsletter.

* Christie Sterns offers a regular email newsletter with creative ways to teach. Her compiled email newsletters and her book 425 Seriously Fun Ways to Enhance Learning…and Make it Stick! are great resources as well.

* If you’re an Apple addict like myself, check out the Zite app. It sifts through the news in adult education for me, so I just need to open the app to see what’s new. Here’s how the developer says it works, “Zite evaluates millions of new stories every day, looking at the type of article, its key attributes and how it is shared across the web. Zite uses this information to match stories to your personal interests and then delivers them automatically to your iPad or iPhone.”

What resources or ideas do you have that can help other people tasked with training? Please share them!

1. Mike Gardner on January 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Hi Catherine,

some good resources here, I would also add Businessballs.com for loads of bacgroung information, case studies and exercises

Mike

2. Catherine on January 4, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Thanks for the resource, Mike, I will check it out.

3. Beatrice Johnston on January 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Catherine, This list is good for those who train, and those who do public speaking regularly.

I’m often looking for ways to make *branding exercises* a bit for fun and I get stumped. Going to check out Christie Sterns’ book to get me moving in this new year. Thanks!

• Catherine on January 7, 2013 at 2:13 am

Let me know what you think of her book and enews.

4. Alexandra McAllister on January 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Thanks for sharing such great resources, Catherine. I’ll definitely look into them. I had a stroke, in fact, 2 last year and I need to exercise my brain. Thiagi may be just what I need!

5. Karla Campos on January 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Hi Catherine, thanks for the fun educational resources : ) I am a big believer that education should be fun, when something is fun and enjoyable it makes learning easier.

6. elizabeth on January 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Thanks Catherine.. these are great.. I have ADHD and have to use tips and tricks to store things in a place of recall in my brain.. lol All of these things help me train my brain to find the “file”

7. Great ressource!Thank you for sharing… Excellent for those speakers. 🙂

8. Suzette Mariel on January 22, 2013 at 6:16 am

Feeling jumpstarted already! Thanks for the resources.

9. Sherie on January 23, 2013 at 3:00 am

Excellent resources, Catherine, I will be checking these out! Thanks!

10. Helena Bowers on January 25, 2013 at 2:28 am

Thanks for the resources Catherine! I’m always looking for new ways to enhance my own learning and will be checking these out.