Singing Through It

My gift to you is that I won’t be singing in any of these videos.

When I need a boost, I like three songs for walking, running, or convincing myself to start filing those papers all over my desk.

Check these out, and let me know what you think.

I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones. The anthem of my early 20s, and yes, it was an old song even then. The song is only about 150 seconds, so my friends knew it was a signal to meet on the dance floor. Silly. Fun. Energized. Luv it.

As a dog owner (parent, guardian, etc.), Who Let the Dogs Out? is only funny as a song. Otherwise, it means treats and lots of running to get the dogs’ attention. But I digress. This is another song to kickstart your dancing mojo. And it is impossible to not smile while it plays.

Stronger is an anthem. It helped me to keep pace running and lose about 30 pounds when it first came out. Now it keeps me moving and more. No matter what is going on, I’m stronger than I thought I was.

What songs energize you or make you laugh?

1. KJ McLean (@kj_mclean) on January 14, 2013 at 11:33 am

Mid-to-late 80s music will do it every time. Duran Duran, a-ha, Pet Shop Boys, Cyndi Lauper, Thompson Twins … It’s impossible for me to stay still and in a bad mood when I’ve got those tunes playing. 🙂

2. Cheryl on January 14, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I love who let the dogs out! Music is a great way to improve the mood isn’t it!

My favourite currently is Adele..Someone Like you!

Thank you for sharing!

3. Charlotte Henley Babb on January 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm

“I wanna be sedated” is a favorite song of my friends Chris and Anne Wilkerson, musician, music therapist and parents of lovely children.

The first time I ever heard “Who Let the Dogs Out?” was at a Chinese New Year Celebration in San Francisco…it was the theme song of the year of the Dog, and I was visiting with my daughter…a wonderful memory.

4. Wyneatte on January 14, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I like the song “Too Sexy”. I think that’s the name of it. It makes me laugh and feel awesome!

5. Daniel Mark Wheaton on January 14, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Haha, three excellent selections for getting yourself motivated to be productive. Thanks for sharing, Catherine. 🙂

• Catherine on January 17, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I may need to crank the tunes again today to get motivated. Files went to accountant yesterday… now I just need to find my office floor. lol

6. Cathy Taughinbaugh on January 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Always great to hear music that is motivating. I have a list on my shuffle when I run or walk that I like to listen to.

7. Aletha McManama on January 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Honestly, the most recent popular song, Gangham Style, is the one that gets me laughing every time I see my son dance to it. There’s this one part where he walks like a Penguin with his super-long legs that has me laughing so hard every time he does it.