Overwhelmed?

Are deadlines getting you down? Is a problem overwhelming you?

Pick just one thing to sort through. A closet. A drawer. Your inbox. Your files. A shelf in your office.

Stop thinking about those deadlines or that issue. Just clean out one thing. You’ll be breathing easier. The crazy brain fog of overwhelm will start to lift. You will know exactly what you need to do next.

We could discuss this forever. Instead, what are you going to organize to get your head clear again? Start now. Let me know how it goes.

1. Amy Putkonen on January 16, 2013 at 10:59 am

Hi Catherine,

Popping over from UBC. lol… You were the first commenter of the day! Yeah! How’s it going? I love your simple post. That is great. It really is that easy to get started, isn’t it?

2. Corinne Rodrigues on January 16, 2013 at 11:15 am

Catherine – I know this works like I dream. I’ve tried it before and it’s so motivating – once you feel you’ve accomplished something, you feel motivated to do more!

• Catherine on January 16, 2013 at 9:33 pm

And I can feel the burden lift from my shoulders by doing it too

3. Audrey on January 16, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I really need to start cleaning office from Christmas…but you are right,I need to pick one spot clean it..and hopefully that will motivating to keep going without being overwhelming!

• Catherine on January 16, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I like the idea of starting with a drawer. Small. Achievable. Done.

4. Cheryl on January 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Thank you Catherine Great Idea that I will share!

5. eyenie on January 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm

You are one straight-shooting lady, Catherine! I LOVE it! I’m actually moving soon, so this is definitely relevant in my life at the moment! Let’s see…I will go through my bedroom closet and get rid of things I don’t use–no matter how many times I’ve told myself that I will “someday”! That will be a one heck-of-a start!! THANK YOU!

• Catherine on January 16, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Moving is a great reason to toss. The last time I moved, I looked at stuff and asked myself, “Do I really want to pack this and carry it into the truck and up to my new bedroom or can I give it away?”

6. Kina Diaz DeLeon on January 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Catherine,
    Nice, simple, and focused. My problem is that when I’m clearing the clutter from one box, bag, drawer, room, etc. I wind up side tracking while sorting through the stuff. I need an accountability partner to hang out with me and help redirect my rabbit trailing tendencies, lol.

Good post,

Kina

• Catherine on January 16, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Have you ever tried setting a timer for 15 minutes? Then you can’t get sidetracked to get it done.

7. Jodi Rosenberg on January 16, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Great tip!

One day as I was surfing all the great ideas on Pinterest I realized that if I just did one thing to completion each day I would not only have a great collection of Pinspiration, but a home…an office…a life of inspiration.

Putting our efforts into positive focused motion and completing the simplest of tasks will clear the craziness and clutter from our lives.

Great post! Thank you!
    Jodi

8. Erica Ardali on January 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I am the most unorganized woman on the planet. So just tackling one job sounds like it would be easier to accomplish the task of organizing my life.

9. Helena Bowers on January 17, 2013 at 9:00 pm