The One Woman Show Doesn’t Exist

Neither does the one man show. We all have had help climbing the steps to success. Here is a quick list of the ways people have helped me:

Anita Fiander makes time to answer my social media questions.

Elaine Shannon, TV producer and host, helps me choose what to wear for video shoots. Plus our tea dates always leave me pumped to step into the next level.

Dianne Savoy, virtual assistant and walking partner, gets to see the rough version of me every morning and still loves me. She’s such an honest, generous, and kind friend.

Artsy Girls If I’m looking more stylin’ these days, it is due to the prodding, pushing, and love of my friend Rachelle Losier of Artsy Girl Boutique who has shown me I look fab when I get more courageous in my fashion sense.

The whole team at Enterprise Saint John and Trudy at the Y who have helped me with sales, financial planning, networking, and positive vibes.

I visit my mom and stepdad’s house for dinner when I need some nourishment and encouragement. My siblings and their spouses celebrate with me and remind me every time I forget how far I’ve come.

Kiera Fraser who owns the lovely Je Suis Prest boutique gave me the pep talk I needed just a few days ago.

Wellness coach Lorraine Peters helps me stay centred every Saturday with yoga.

My nan passed last year and made me promise to write a second book. I’m sure she can see me writing from heaven.

Cath with Dogs Black Green Border

Michelle Alward at Crystals and Karma has created a store and tea room that inspires me and shifts my energy to peace each and every time.

Judy Blues Eyes or Judy Farquharson, an amazing licensed makeup artist, has me wearing makeup more often.

Deb Armstrong of Armstrong HR Consulting who helped me prep my original business plan and continues to be a great friend, dog walking buddy, and source of logic in stressful times.

My dogs show me what unconditional love is and remind me to play.

Writers Wayne Dyer, Cheryl RichardsonMelody Beattie, Mike Dooley

So many others I’ve missed like MAO who did my company logo and… and…

The one person show doesn’t exist. When you feel alone or stressed, make a list of all the ways people have helped you. Then ask yourself… How do I pass it on?

1. Rachelle on January 25, 2013 at 10:41 am

Catherine, we are so fortunate to have the opportunity to share! You’ve helped every one of us in return! Wishing you a fabulous weekend… Give yourself a break!

• Catherine on January 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm

LOL You know me too well. I’m considering not working all weekend. oh my!

2. Barb on January 25, 2013 at 12:59 pm

This was really inspiring! Thanks for the post, Catherine.

3. Lorraine on January 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm

CAtherine, your writing is terrific. i loved this article. Your right. None of us do it alone. Thanks so much for including me in this amazing list of Women.

• Catherine on January 25, 2013 at 4:17 pm

You’re welcome, Lorraine 🙂 See you tomorrow morning!

4. Arleen Bradley on January 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm

What a great post! You have certainly made me rethink my day. So often I fail to thank the people who have made a difference in my life. They are taken for granted. Some times the littlest gesture makes the biggest impact in my life.

Thank you for sharing this inspirational post.

5. Mark on January 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Yet again another great article Catherine. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you and watching you grow your business. You are a real asset to this community!

6. Mark A. Michael on January 25, 2013 at 4:36 pm

We all need people to help and guide us to the success we deserve.

7. elaine shannon on January 25, 2013 at 5:29 pm

And thanks for being part of my team of trusted advisors who talk me off the cliff when I can’t find my own way.
    Namaste

8. Helena Bowers on January 25, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Wow… awesome post Catherine! You’re so right, we can’t do it alone. And really, when you have great friends and colleagues, why would you want to?