Cranky People Need This

Cranky people are making a cry for help.

Not everyone loves Mondays. You might not have been thrilled when the alarm sounded this morning either. Maybe there’s something going on at home for cranky people. Maybe work is particularly stressful.

You never know what is going on in someone else’s life. It may look perfect to you. But we never really know.

If someone is cranky to you today, take a moment and breathe. Smile. Be kind. Be extra kind. Ask for help from Spirit or Angels or the Universe if you must.

Imagine if everyone were extra patient and loving today. Then we’d all start looking forward to Mondays.

Let me know how being extra kind to cranky people today works for you 🙂

1. Jackie Chiasson on February 25, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Well said.It is usually the cranky people who need kindness the most.Even though we can’t change their circumstances an act of kindness can brighten a cranky person’s day because they know that someone cares about them.

2. Angela Giles on February 25, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I freaking loved this article…and yes I can get cranky at times so this was perfect for me.

3. Anita on February 26, 2013 at 12:02 am

I do this in addiction to re-framing and asking myself “I wonder what makes them that way”…It gives a whole new perspective for sure 🙂

4. Liz Bigger on February 26, 2013 at 12:19 am

This is an excellent article for a mother of a 5 yr old : D…Thanks!

5. MamaRed on February 26, 2013 at 1:52 am

So true and a wonderful way to remind ourselves that we ALL have *stuff* we’re dealing with. On many occasions I make up stories about what *might* be going on (although have a hot temper, so sometimes that comes 2nd…grin.)

6. Sherie on February 26, 2013 at 4:03 am

This is so true, Catherine…we don’t know what is going on in someone’s life…having that understanding that there might be something else going on can help us be more empathetic. We all can have a cranky day, once in a while!

7. Helena Bowers on February 26, 2013 at 4:27 am

Great advice Catherine! We all have bad days, and really have no way of knowing what’s going on in someone’s life. My Dad always used to say smile at everyone, no matter how miserable they are being, because it may be the only kindness they get all day.

8. Carolyn Hughes on February 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

You put this so well Catherine. We never know what is going on for someone else and a little kindness goes a long way.

9. Moira Hutchison on February 26, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I love this post Catherine! I totally agree with you and I try as much as possible to be like this if I every find myself being triggered or upset by another’s actions or words

10. Norma Doiron @Explode Your Business ONLINE! on February 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm

This made me grin… I remember when my kids were small. If they got up cranky, they were returned to their room until they re-aligned their mood. Didn’t tell them NOT to be cranky, just that it was a choice and those around them did not have to be subjected to that. Worked every time!!! After a few minutes they came out with a smile and a whole new attitude. They have all grown up to be very nice adults who choose NOT to be cranky! 🙂 Great post…

11. Martha Giffen on February 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Kill ’em with kindness! That’s the advice my parents always gave us. Actually, being in a bad mood says there’s something else going on and I think it’s best to be compassionate.

12. Lisa Frederiksen - BreakingTheCycles.com on February 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Great reminder! Not only does it help the other person, but it helps those going that extra mile. Love your photo, too – big smile!

13. Aimee on March 1, 2013 at 12:06 am

There was once a lady where I worked in a company of 35,000 people who was known for being SUPER cranky. She did the ID badges. But I didn’t know that. When I got mine she was abrupt at first but I just felt like being nice to her and she responded and we were soon BFF. When my co-workers saw my ID badge, they were like OH man, you had to put with Susan??? And I was like what? And then I heard the stories, repeatedly. Seems to me she just needed someone to be kind to her first to bring out of her cranky shell.

14. Cathy Taughinbaugh on March 1, 2013 at 4:51 am

Reaching out and extending that extra bit of kindness can make the difference. Sometimes Mondays are those transition days to getting back to work, but we should look forward to our work week as well.

15. Meryl Hershey Beck on March 4, 2013 at 5:52 am

When I remember, I send energy to cranky people I encounter. It helps them…and me, too!

16. elizabeth maness on March 7, 2013 at 10:25 pm

LOL I try so hard not to be mean to cranky people! There are times I fail though.. but you are so right..;) We could make Monday better with this one!