Asking for Help

Asking for help is tough for me. I’d rather do it all myself.

Asking for help makes you vulnerable because someone can say no. But being vulnerable is the first step to growth and learning. Amazing people have stepped forward to assist me. Some going above and beyond. I am eternally grateful.

Now I am stepping way out of my comfort zone again. I’m asking for your help.

I am one of about 60 people in North America competing for a book contract with  Hay House. Hay House is the largest publisher of self-help books on the planet with authors like Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, and Deepak Chopra.

*** Please click here to watch the video, like, and comment on youtube itself. ***

The video is to show that people are inspired by the message of my book “love yourself. be yourself. everything else is optional.” The book contains a series of brief chapters with people’s stories or lessons and challenges to live more authentically in your own life.

Please share my video with your connections if you feel comfortable doing so.

In addition, here are more links if you would like to connect with me on social media or sign up for weekly inspiration on my email newsletter too. Every connection helps. Twitter Facebook Sign up for INSPIRING weekly thoughts

Publishing this video and asking for help feels an awful lot like walking around naked in public. 🙂 But people have been super supportive. I’m grateful.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Hugs!
Catherine

1. Rebecca Mugridge on March 4, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Good luck! As a writer I know how full on the journey is X
    PS I LOVE Hay House XX

2. Madonna Robinson on March 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Hi Catherine,

I agree that asking for help is difficult for some people but not always for the same reasons.
    I would rather be seen as competent so that prevents me from asking for help easily.
    Good luck with the publishing.

3. Michelle L on March 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm

The thing that gets in the way of asking for help is pride….can be tricky to navigate! We should ask for help when we know we are at a loss and need it, and humbly accept the advice. Thanks for sharing!

4. Lisa Birnesser on March 4, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Loved your video message, Catherine! I have shared, subscribed and posted on my page for you. Wishing you the best and Let us know when you win!

5. Barbara C Billig on March 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Way to go. I liked and shared the video- hope you get that contract!

6. Sharon O'Day on March 4, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I’m taking part in a “21-day Challenge” with Max Simon. On Day 2 or 3, he explained how those who achieve wealth are not afraid to ask for what they need or want. First of all, he’s right. Second of all … you’re proving it to yourself! Good luck and be sure to let us know when you get the Hay House book contract!

7. elizabeth maness on March 4, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I loved your vedio Catherine and shared it all over! Please ask your friends to help hey.. we know you would help us! I’m so proud of you and for you!

8. Martha Giffen on March 4, 2013 at 9:01 pm

So excited to see you soar! Breaking down a other barrier and asking for help is so liberating. You are destined for great things!

9. Helena Bowers on March 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Your video has really inspired me Catherine! I am so excited for you and can’t wait to see your book published.

10. Sherie on March 5, 2013 at 2:44 am

Catherine, this is awesome news! Congratulations and way to go on being able to ask for help!

11. Cathy Taughinbaugh on March 5, 2013 at 4:32 am

Best of luck to you with your book! You have a wonderful message, that we all need to hear. I’m happy to help!

12. MamaRed on March 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

This is an awesome video and awesome ask. I’m so glad you did (and asking is NOT one of those things I do particularly well). Seeing you as successful!

13. Norma Doiron @Explode Your Business ONLINE! on March 5, 2013 at 2:34 pm

That was a great video, Catherine. YOU are Excellent! Great post. 🙂

14. denny hagel on March 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Excellent video! Good luck! 🙂

15. Robin on March 5, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Great article – it’s hard asking for help, so kudos to you for doing so! I liked your video on YouTube and commented over there as well… go get ’em!!!

16. Aimee on March 5, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Great idea to involve us in liking a video. I may steal it! 🙂

17. Moira Hutchison on March 5, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Awesome video Catherine! I commented and subscribed – I wish you all the best with this project.

I agree with you that asking for help is difficult – so good for you for standing up and shining through.

18. Sarah Garrison on March 6, 2013 at 12:35 am

Yay for taking the first step and asking for help! I hope your nakedness is rewarded with the contract!

19. Meire Weishaupt on March 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

Congratulations for being among the 60, and good luck you go girl! Helping you with pleasure!

20. Cindy Taylor on March 6, 2013 at 1:41 am

Great message….and I gotta say, my heart broke a little for you as I watched that video….a very good reminder to be who God made us to be!! Thanks!

21. Delia @ Blog Formatting on March 6, 2013 at 3:38 am

Loved it, Catherine! Wishing you the best, you’ll be great!

22. Lisa Frederiksen - BreakingTheCycles.com on March 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I so know what you mean about asking for help. Your video is great, and I wish you all the best in winning the publishing contract!!

23. Carla J Gardiner on March 6, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Ouch! This touched a spot I thought had been healed long ago. Guess I’m still holding onto that “control” issue of wanting to be all, to all, for everything. Thanks for clearing the air and edifying that it’s okay to ask for help.

24. Carl Mason-Liebenberg on March 8, 2013 at 7:56 am

Asking for healp is tough…I am generally very strong and self sustaining…but recently I also had to reach out for help….and how blessed I have been in doing so…well done!

25. Shari on March 8, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Way to go, Catherine! I get it 🙂 Wishing you all the best with this. So much good energy out there for you. . . . I think it will happen!

26. Meryl Hershey Beck on March 9, 2013 at 1:20 am

I watched and commented…great message, good luck!

27. Patti on March 10, 2013 at 12:07 am

Loved it Catherine, and have shared also. Congrats and wishing you great success!

28. Chris Nadeau on March 10, 2013 at 3:09 am

Great message. Can’t go wrong being yourself! 😉

PS – Funny thing, before I saw your video I changed my about write up on my About.me page and my blog. Check it out.

Universe works in funny ways. 😉

Good luck!

29. Susan Myers on March 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Great video message Catherine! You are an inspiration! Best of luck to you.

30. Anita on March 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm

My motto is an old one “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” …I do find it easier to ask for help in my professional life than my personal though.

31. okubo on September 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Useful data. Lucky me personally I came across your website by chance, that i’m pleasantly surprised exactly why that coincidence wouldn’t developed previously! I bookmarked it.. maryland medicare