It’s Time to Decide

I was walking through the dog park at Rockwood Park this morning, thinking how much I have to appreciate about my life. It was a great morning. I won’t lie. Others aren’t so great. But I know one thing for sure.

It is those tiny decisions that we make every day that create our lives. What we eat. What we say. What we tell ourselves. How we spend our money. How much we laugh. How forgiving we are. How kind. If we exercise. If we make that call. If we commit. If we meditate. If we walk our talk.

When we look at our lives, we see a pattern. The results of that pattern is our lives today. No need to criticize if you don’t like what you see, just decide again. Every day.

Today… what do you decide?

1. Barbara Becker on July 22, 2013 at 8:24 am

Yes, I agree. Being present in the now is the best we can do. We are witnesses to our life.

2. Martha Giffen on July 22, 2013 at 9:47 am

Yes, paying attention to what we are doing in the NOW is so important. That’s all we have and sometimes forget. Thanks for a good post. Also, the picture is beautiful!

3. Alexandra McAllister on July 22, 2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post…great reminder to appreciate each and every moment. 🙂

4. Oluwaseun Babajide on July 22, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Beautiful post.
    Thanks.
    -Seun

5. MarVeena Meek (@PsychicMediumTX) on July 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm

When we are not present in the body we don’t have as much charisma and magnetism either.

6. Lisa Frederiksen - BreakingTheCycles.com on July 23, 2013 at 1:33 am

Wonderful message – beautifully written. Thanks, Catherine!

7. Sharon O'Day on July 23, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Of that whole list of tiny decisions you cited, Catherine, in my books there is one that tops all the others: “what we tell ourselves.” 😉

8. Moira Hutchison on July 23, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Wonderful post Catherine – it is only the present moment that we can have responsibility and really feel the essence of who we are at the core – thanks for the reminder 🙂

9. Very well said. Each day is just so special… one day at a time.

10. Shelley Webb on July 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Thank you for this. It’s actually going to help me with a blog post I need to write that relates to caregiving. Caregiving is such a moment to moment task.

11. Elizabeth Maness (@ElizbethLManess) on July 24, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Yes.. walking the walk and talking the talk makes all the difference! I have had a hard time doing just that the past few months with my failing mother-in-law. Family before all else is part of my talk but it’s making my business walk funny..;)

12. Anita on July 27, 2013 at 10:12 am